Mar 30, 2006

10 with Drama

Started out this morning following our normal 9-mile out and back route through Westlake and Fairview Park. Near the 1/2-way point we decided to alter the route slightly so as to get in another 1/2-mile to make it an even 10-miler. Just before turning around, we were approached by a woman frantically yelling for help, and that some guy was in her house and was going to harm her children. Long story short, we were able to help her out and the guy who was threatening her and her children was an aquaintance of some sort who obviously was not welcome at that time. Too much drama for me at 6:00AM. With everyone safe and sound, we all had a good laugh on the way home thinking about our potential to fight crime on mile at a time!

I love getting in a 10-miler early in the morning before I've even had a chance to think about it. It requires me getting up at 4:30, but it's definitely worth it in the end. I get to spend more time in the evenings with Teresa and the pup-pups, which is my favorite thing to do!

2 comments:

A. M. Mericsko said...

I love the new blog!

E-Speed said...

Damn BW the local running hero!