Jun 13, 2008

Friday the 13th

I haven't run since last Friday morning and am feeling no need to get back on the roads just yet. Although I'm thinking of racing the Shot in the Dark 4-miler, which I believe is sometime mid-July. I want to match my sub-24 from 2005. Yeah, I think 4-weeks of hard running will do the trick. It's actually a relief to think about training for something other than a marathon. Something a lot less gruelling. Something that requires less time!

I'm about 75% done with my landscaping project and am 100% pleased with how things are shaping up. It's a lot of hard work and I've had a lot of help, especially last Saturday. Our yard was littered with wheelbarrows, shovels, and babies (our two, our 10-month old niece and my friends 3-month old). The day was capped off with a great dinner. Teresa whipped up two huge dishes of yummy pasta like it was nothing, followed by strawberry shortcake w/ ice cream!

Other than all that, babies are still the most incredible things ever. Cole is very much a Daddy's boy. Teresa says he's my mini-me. Caden is still our crazy guy. He went through a 3-4 day phase of laughing like Woody Woodpecker.

I'm infected with the melodic tunes of the new weezer album. They (Rivers Cuomo) never fails to please. Hope to catch them on tour this summer/fall. Going to see the new M. Night Shyamalan movie tonight with a friend. I've avoided seeing the trailer, so other than seeing the movie poster and knowing who the lead male actor is, I have no idea what to expect, which is great. I'd love to walk out of the theater feeling like I did after seeing The Sixth Sense.

Cowboy Rivers... almost as good as bearded Rivers

No comments: