Oct 16, 2008

One Year

There's no way to articulate how special the last year has been for my wife and I. It's late in the afternoon on October 16th. One year ago I was returning from a business trip to Houston. It was a very exciting time. The Indians were on the verge of making it to the World Series... every game was incredible to watch. Teresa was on bedrest in the hospital, meaning the twins could come any moment. It was fall. The weather was perfect. The air smelled of crisp leaves.

By noon the next morning we were officially parents of beautiful baby boys. The first six months were rough. Caring for and getting used to the needs of the babies was never an issue. We managed perfectly. Since I tend always to squeeze something running related into my posts, seven months after they were born, I ran a 3:02 marathon. Amazing to think I pulled that off at the same time I was doing the 4AM feedings.

The last six months have been a whirlwind! Rolling over, sitting up, holding bottles, teething, crawling, first haircut, furniture walking... It's been amazing to witness. Their interaction with each other is incredible. So indepedent but so very aware of the others presence. I cannot wait to see what's in store for the next six months and beyond!

The pic below was taken on October 9th at Portrait Innovations in Avon.

2 comments:

ramblings of a runnner said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!!!

Anonymous said...

SO cute - wish I was there to see them...