May 18, 2009

Fall 2009 Marathon

Got out and ran this morning for the first time since Boston. It's been a lazy 4 weeks filled with ice cream, late nights and not having to separate running clothes from the rest of the laundry! I was afraid I'd be a little slow to get back to where I was just before Boston but it seems I haven't missed a step, running 4 miles in 25:29 for a 6:22 average pace. I wanna dip under 2:55 in the fall so I need to maintain my current fitness level - at the very least - and hopefully add to it by working in 20-30 extra miles per week in the evenings.

I'm deciding between Columbus or Detroit. I'll probably go with whichever one starts later in the morning but I'm having a hard time finding out what time Detroit starts... hopefully their race is better organized than their web page!

No comments: