Apr 1, 2006

Finally Taper Time!

With 16 days left until Boston, I'm going to start my taper. A lot of literature recommends a 3-week taper, but I have a hard time with that because I feel so lazy by the third week. Almost to the point of not believing that I actually have what it takes to run 26.2. Liz and I pounded out a solid 21-miler this morning that included plenty of uphills and downhills. I felt extremely good at the end and am going to do everything I can to ride this high all the way until noon on the 17th. We talked a lot about race strategies this morning and I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick with my original plan for Boston. I also discussed this with my new best friend, CJ the massage therapist, during my afternoon session and he seems to agree with what I have in mind. Dude knows a lot about physiology and what a body is capable of doing. Now let's hope the weather cooperates! I'm going to take it easy tomorrow (per CJ's recommendation), which for me will mean a couple hour bike ride and some swimming (non-impact stuff). Thanks Liz for helping me knock out that distance this morning! Our moment of celebrating the fact that it's now our turn to taper was very funny!

No comments: