Jul 28, 2008

Lighthouse Tri

Just finished a sprint distance triathlon in my hometown of Fairport Harbor. Finish time of 1:11:10 was good enough for 4th place in my age group. With a little more work in the pool I may actually place in my age group next year. I was as impressed this year with the organization of the race as I was last year. Hard to believe the race costs only $20. I've gotta get in marathon mode real soon as my next race is six weeks (and change) away. You know my silly butt will shoot for another sub-3, so I better get at it so as not to crash and burn!

On another note, watched Running on the Sun last night. This is a movie documenting the journeys of a dozen or so participants of the 1999 Badwater 135. I've since learned that a local runner placed third in that very race. The challenge of such a race is intriguing as hell, but it's not for me. I need to work out my mental issues with the marathon before even thinking about something as nutty as that.

Caden has a cold and had a rough time last night. Their room now smells worse than a nursing home (I should know, I visited one recently). Talk about Vick's Vapor rub overload. Poor little guy. He's doing good tonight.... so far!

Daryl and I getting ready

Exiting the swim in 11:26

Exiting the bike (20.9 mph average)

My support crew, sans Teresa : ( you were with me the whole time

1 comment:

Papa Louie said...

Good job on the race. Good luck with your marathon training. I may start marathon training in Nov. for the Feb. 1 Mardi gras marathon.