Feb 3, 2007

Too Cold to Run!!

I wish I could think of a way to describe how cold it's been of late. My dogs can attest to the bone-chilling temps as they have been reluctant to step outside for more than 30 seconds. Who can blame them? I've decided to run indoors (treadmill) until the temps get above 20-25°F. Two years ago while preparing for Boston, I practically did the entire training program on a treadmill (including the 20-milers). I don't remember it being too bad except for how hot it can get without proper circulation. Plus, it's so much easier to test food and fluid consumption while on a treadmill. I tend to feel like a lab rat trying all these different concoctions! 2 parts gatorade to 1 part water, 1 part GU to 2 parts water, 3 parts water to 1 part sweat (Yuck!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just did my 20m on a treadmill...it actually wasn't that bad, somehow...amen to not running outside in this weather...